Card view within Deck view within Card view within Deck view

Howdy,
I am wanting to have a Card view within a Deck view within a Card view within a Deck view.
Example: I am surveying farmers and want to create a profile for that farmer (First Deck of Farmers with a Card view for each Farmer). Then from within the Farmerโ€™s Card I want to survey their Farm, which is a repeatable survey. So now I want a deck view of all of the farm surveys Iโ€™ve taken, which should also provide a card view of a specific survey.
The picture below I hope illustrates what Iโ€™m trying to say. The first column is the deck view of farmers. The second column shows that Mark was selected in column 1 and now you see his card view with more information. Column 3 shows the deck view of all the surveys taken of his farm while column 4 shows the card view of the 14DEC2018 survey.

2X_0_06b5a31ed41a3250986583fbcb90c342414144ee.png

0 3 789
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Maybe I mean detail view instead of card view. Either way, I still donโ€™t know how to put the farm survey underneath the farmerโ€™s profile.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

โ€œUnderneathโ€ and โ€œwithinโ€ probably arenโ€™t the best terms here. Let me try with what I think you mean.

You want the user to see a list of all farmers. When the user selects a particular entry in the list, the user will be shown the details of the particular farmer. Within the detailed view of a farmer should be a list of surveys completed for the farm, with an option to start a new survey. When the user selects a previously-completed survey, the completed survey should be displayed. Yes?

A list can be presented in several ways ways (from most to least compact): as a table, as a gallery, as a deck, as a stream of cards, or as a carousel of details. If youโ€™re new to AppSheet, itโ€™s easiest to start with a table view to present lists, then move up to gallery or deck as you get more comfortable with the platform.

A list is obtained from the contents of a table (a data table, not to be confused with a table view). Each row in the (data) table is one item in the list. When the user selects an item in a list, the details from the row associated with that item can be displayed. From that detailed display, the user may also choose to modify those details.

If you havenโ€™t already done so, I encourage you to read the following:

Top Labels in this Space