Change 'Add New' action to a populated enum list

Hello,

I have a form that populates a field (account) based on the page the action was on  (account details page). This also sorts a contact table to populate the contacts associated with that store. This all works great, however the 'add new' button on the list (in the instance where a contact doesn't already exist or there's a need to add an additional contact, opens a form without the store populated. I believe it's a system generated add new but I can't figure out where to customize that. My thinking is that if I do a lookup by userID for the last row on the previous form, it will populate the necessary store but I can't figure out where to do that. 

Screenshot 2024-01-06 10.54.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-06 10.54.23 AM.png

Solved Solved
0 6 197
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nah, that doesn't work either. I used the initial value and a lookup for the maxrow and it works great. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey man,

it's simple. You forgot to set the Contact "Is part of" Store in the Field Settings ๐Ÿ˜…

Yeah, I tried that but it doesn't work. The stores page uses an action that adds a row to another table and opens a new page, this interaction page, the interaction page has a ref to both stores and contacts which populates fine, unless I try to add a new one.

Hey,

that's even simpler ๐Ÿ˜„
Interaction Page Dataset.[Contact].[Store] = Interaction Page Dataset.[Store]

Nah, that doesn't work either. I used the initial value and a lookup for the maxrow and it works great. 

Hey,

maxrow works but is not a good solution imo. What if two users add a new contact at the same time? ๐Ÿ˜…

Maxrow by userid

Top Labels in this Space