Change add button, system generated actions

Hi, I’m assuming since these areas are greyed out it is not possible to change these fields?

I would like to be able to change “do this” the reason being, I have recently been learning about LINKTOFORM which allows me to bring multiple fields from the previous page and pre fill them instead of just bringing over the label for the key.

The freedom to create if I were able to change these fields!

Just thought I’d ask here first before placing a feature request.

Thanks

1 3 1,964
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

You can’t change these parts of the System Generated Actions. You could copy the Action and then you can change it. But if you like to use LINKTOFORM - this kind of action will not be available “Display overlay” like the Add Action.

So what you could do: Use the Add Action as it is, and in the column definitions, use “initial values” to prefill the fields in the form.

@Fabian

Yes, I’m aware of initial values and using them to prefill the form values. However, I am trying to link to one form from multiple different forms.

Which becomes quite tiresome with initial values as the only way I can see to be able to pre fill the same field for example. LOCATION from both views it to do something like this. 2X_b_bced3f6e5edcdb404eefa5613f503ff39a520352.png 2X_e_ebcc7378a2930aeebe205f3d7be5ba3feff7a6d7.png

So then that way I can have the initial values populate properly when clicking the new button. It would be much simpler to just be able to edit system generated actions.

The last two images show what I had to do to be able to prefill the form for “photos”. Now I will be doing the same for “internal notes”. Just feels very slow to do it this way when the system generated actions are already there.

Correct, you cannot modify those properties for system-generated Add actions. You can modify them in your own Add-equivalent actions.

This isn’t possible. Only action types marked with “(not a row-level action)” can be displayed as an overlay on deck/gallery/table views.

The form used by an Add action will always be the form view of the data set (the slice or table) used by the deck/gallery/table view. If different views use the same data set, the same form will be presented for each.

It’s not at all clear how those images at all demonstrate your challenge. Can you clarify?

Top Labels in this Space