Changing Value of Row Above

I have a ranking system that shows items in order(Just a Column being Sorted number are 1-5) I want a user in the app to be able to Change the Value. This works by just using [Rank]-1 but If I move the 2nd item to the 1st and try to then to move 3rd to 2nd I would have to do it twice. Is there anyway to add a value to a row above?

0 6 292
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Drew_Cook

What happens to item 1 when you promote item 2 to the 1st position?

All items have a “rank value” that is 1-5. I want the end user in the app to be able to rearrange these by arrow keys. The way I have it does [Rank] +1 and [Rank] -1. I just need to be able to adjust the row above and below accordingly .

In order to do what you want, you’re going to have to use actions. There’s no trivial way to do it.

Ranking can be made automatically by the appsheet expression, based on the field values such as [Score] etc, so wondering why you want to give the option for users to let them manually change the rank number.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This will work but I having trouble selecting the row above or below in step 3.
My table is vendor and my column is rank .

I would like to select the row above and subtract 1 from the value of rank: SELECT(Vendors[_RowNumber], [Rank] = [_THISROW].[rank]+1)
This doesnt work because it gives me a list of numbers

Top Labels in this Space