Changing Value of Row Above

I have a ranking system that shows items in order(Just a Column being Sorted number are 1-5) I want a user in the app to be able to Change the Value. This works by just using [Rank]-1 but If I move the 2nd item to the 1st and try to then to move 3rd to 2nd I would have to do it twice. Is there anyway to add a value to a row above?

0 6 293
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Drew_Cook

What happens to item 1 when you promote item 2 to the 1st position?

All items have a โ€œrank valueโ€ that is 1-5. I want the end user in the app to be able to rearrange these by arrow keys. The way I have it does [Rank] +1 and [Rank] -1. I just need to be able to adjust the row above and below accordingly .

In order to do what you want, youโ€™re going to have to use actions. Thereโ€™s no trivial way to do it.

Ranking can be made automatically by the appsheet expression, based on the field values such as [Score] etc, so wondering why you want to give the option for users to let them manually change the rank number.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This will work but I having trouble selecting the row above or below in step 3.
My table is vendor and my column is rank .

I would like to select the row above and subtract 1 from the value of rank: SELECT(Vendors[_RowNumber], [Rank] = [_THISROW].[rank]+1)
This doesnt work because it gives me a list of numbers

Top Labels in this Space