Chart View : Show if Condition is not working

I have a User Table where i setup each role. Those roles are used as criteria in the Show If formula of my views.

My formula is :

ANY(sCurrentUser[Role2])<>"NA")

where the slice "sCurrentUser" has a criteria of  [UserEmail]=USEREMAIL()

The ANY () formula above works when the view type is Table, Deck, Form etc, but does not work for Chart View.

Any explanation on this issue would be helpful. 

Thank you.

0 3 96
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A view's Show If setting only affects the view's inclusion in the main menu or navigation bar along the bottom of the screen. Show If does not affect the view's display anywhere else.

How is the user getting to the view?

Hi Steve,

I have a view portal inside my app, which is a gallery view. it has a column "Link" where the data column type is an "App" and has a value #view=vChartCol3rdPartyxMega that directs the user to that view "vChartCol3rdPartyxMega ". This view is a chart and has a show if based on the user role.

Portal = Gallery view with event action Go to App link

Chart = Chart view with show if based on role.

If the user clicks on the image, and his/her role is not allowed based on the show if criteria, that user should not be able to access the Chart view, but still able to do so.

I was just wondering why the show if in this approach works for Table or Deck view but not in Chart view.

I already did a work around, i duplicated a primary view (Gallery) and put the show if criteria there making all content of that view exclusive to certain user role.

RLomotsEstrada_0-1649807088757.png

Top Labels in this Space