Child Related information not displaying in App

I have a Parent - Child - Child - 3 Child (Parent - Knowledge - Content Type - Link, AOE, Business Rule) relationship in my app and for the 3 Children only 1 of 2 displays the information in the app. They all are being saved properly and when they are first added you can view them, however once you refresh/resync the app you then can no longer find them.

I have checked all of my Is Part of, and Key ID information and it is all there. They are also all set up the same. I don't have any sort of Slice or UX with column ordering for any Children, only the Parent table which is 3 tables removed. 

Solved Solved
0 5 74
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Determined that the issue was in my EnumList column that determined which child table to call. Since the list contained "/" and "," I removed those and they now appear... must be a bug within appsheet not recognizing these characters properly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What do you mean 'you then can no longer find them"? What view on what table are you trying to view them in?

I am looking at the First Child detail view and the screen shot is of the second related child items. As you can see there are 5 requests listed, however only one of them then has a related child showing up. 

2024-03-25_14-05-12.png

When clicking on the one with a related field you will then see this, the entire detail from the request can be found in the related link updates:

2024-03-25_14-14-13.png

However the ones that are not showing a related item of course do not have anything displayed in a related table.

I am not sure I completely understand, so sorry if this isnt helpful. In the first Child table, what Related REF_ROWs columns do you have? Those are the ones you will be able to see as an inline view in the detail view. 

All three child tables are a Reference column and are all configured the same, with the only difference being the table it calls.

Determined that the issue was in my EnumList column that determined which child table to call. Since the list contained "/" and "," I removed those and they now appear... must be a bug within appsheet not recognizing these characters properly.

Top Labels in this Space