Child wokflow parent workflow

Hi there!

I have 2 tables that are related.
Is it posible to create a workflow to send a PDF of the Parent and child table, if the child table has new addยดs or any changes?

Eg: I had a table whit products, and a related table to it where I add comments about the products. Is it posible to create a PDF workflow that when a new row is add into the realted table, send an email with both tables (Products and comments)? Itยดs like a reverse workflow action I guessโ€ฆ

0 7 403
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™d think this would be pretty straight-forward. Trigger the workflow on an add to the comments table. The action for the comments table would invoke the action for the added commentโ€™s parent that generates the email about the product and its comments.

Is this posible to do it without creating an action? So when the user completes the comments form and hit save (as a new add or update) the workflow trigers automatically?

Yes. Youโ€™ll need an action (several, actually), but none need be displayed and none require the user do anything specific to activate them, and the entire process would be started automatically by a workflow rule triggered by the addition or update of a row in the comment table.

Can you tell me how?

Not at this time, Iโ€™m afraid. Sorry.

Can you forward my question to other person that can help?

@Harry @Phil

The workflow rule would be triggered by an Add or Update to the child table.

That workflow rule would use a template like the one described in topic โ€œOrder Template in Table Formatโ€ in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2697047-sample-email-templates

In this example the workflow rule is triggered by an Add or Update to the Orders table. The workflow template lists data from the parent Customers table, the updated Orders table, and the child Order Details table.

Top Labels in this Space