Continuous form submissions

Hi All,

I have a manufacturing information app in which I need to record information on each parts of a machine. The information needed to record(dataset columns) are the same but each parts has different values. The issue is right now I need to choose the machine no. then the parts, fill in the values then click save. Then I do it all over again for every part. If I create a form/table where I can input the values all parts in the same form I will have a very long row of data. Also creating a filtering view would also be very difficult as all parts would just pops up anyway as its in the same row.

My question is, is there a way that I can choose which machine I want to record and which parts then multiple form(same forms but one for each parts) queue up for me to record down the values? Something like a page of forms but then the data will be inputted into multiple rows based on machine id and its parts?

0 3 61
3 REPLIES 3

If you check the 'table Is a part of?' on the [Machine No.] column you are referencing in your Parts table, you will be able to add multiple parts to the same machine numbers within a single form. I hope I understood you right!Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 1.00.09 PM.png

Hello,

Could you please elaborate a little more I'm not sure what this will do, I tried it but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. You're saying to change the Machine No. column to a ref type yes?

I am assuming you have the following 2 tables:

• Machines
  • Parts

If this is the case, then in the Parts table, you should have a reference to the Machines table. Here I am assuming that column is [Machine No.]. If that is the case, then in the [Machine No.] column in the Parts table, you will need set it to reference, if it is not already, and then select the 'Is a part of' option. This will allow you to add to the Parts table through a form on the Machines table.

If I made wrong assumptions, please share some screenshots of your data structures so I can see how you have your tables connected. 

Top Labels in this Space