Count and compare lists

se
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

App function: User opens form and selects words they know out of 100 possible options (generated from an enumlist list column). 

This is then entered into a new row, with each word seperated by a comma.

What I am then trying to achieve is

• a virtual column that references that compared the [words i know] column to the master list from the enumlist of all total 100 words, and then generates the words that are missing from that list [words i don't know]

Any advice?

I have tried to break it down below:

UsernameWords I knowhow many words?Words I don't know  
Dannydog, cat, house (generated based on selection in enumlist)3 (this should count the words in the [words i know] column(this should then show 97 words that are missing)  
0 2 101
2 REPLIES 2

In general,  you may want to create a lookup list of the 100 words.  It could be in the app formula of a separate real enumlist or virtual column of list type called say [Words List]. You can hide this column by turning Show_if setting of that column.

In the valid_if of the [Words i know] enumlist column you could have an expression [Words List]

Expression for the [how many words?] number type column will be COUNT([Words i know])

The expression for the [words i don't know] column will be something like 

[Words List] - [Words i know]

All columns are assumed to be in the same row of the form.

se
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Thanks - I managed to get the function working. However, when displaying the list, a random selection of the words are displaying in all capitals?

Top Labels in this Space