DROPDOWN MENU

Im creating a dropdown menu using valid if, in the excel I have a tab just for the menu, so I type in the valid_if Menu[Country], and Im also using a enumlist. What i want is to be able to select multiple countries, but it says invalid entry, so it only allows me to pick 1 country, could you guys help me pls?

Solved Solved
0 11 439
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hola @proyectotesis22 , se me ocurre algo como esto.

Primero cambiamos la base type a text  

1.png

cambiamos la solicitud de la fรณrmula, ahora pedimos el nombre directamente y no la ID, me parece que no la usas (aunque deberรญas) 

2.png

Hoja 1 con la columna que solicitas:

3.png

el resultado:

5.png52.png53.png

la hoja 2 con el resultado:

6.png

saludos amigo.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi! Welcome to community!

So are you trying to make user to pick a multiple country based on ref database country which are in your google sheet. And, it's turn out didn't work out?

yes so for example I have in one of the sheet on Excel the column Country and on the other sheet I have Countries with different names of countries. So in appsheet I want to be able to select multiple countries, using valif if and ref but the thing is only allowing me to select 1 country of the list and not multiple

Have you try using type enumnlist with type that ref rows? 
Or try to use List(Menu[Country])

Disclaimer :
I haven't test it out

Thank you I tried the second option but I did not worked. I also tried using a SELECT or FILTER but there seems to be a problem with the Key colum but i dont know how to fix it

image_2022-04-12_034521426.png

for example this is the other menu that i have so on valid if i have this expression SELECT(Menรบs[Alergรญa],TRUE) it lets me select multiple options but not save them it says invalid entry

I think you should make one column for your ID Country. And put on initial value UniqueID( ). Its easier for you and your app to track when you using Filter or select function.

Try check this out

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357317-uniqueid

And this blog if you had put your country value, and intend it to generate it manually

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1726606-manually-generating-uniqueid-key-values

Select(Menรบs[Alergรญa],[ID Country]=[_THISROW].[ID Country)

Buenas tardes espero poder servirte de ayuda, rรกpidamente te armo una posible soluciรณn. (siempre recuerda usar las ID_)

las tablas segรบn tu descripciรณn,

1.png

2.png

quieres un menรบ en el cual puedas seleccionar varias respuesta

3.png4.png5.png

ese formulario trabajarรญa de la siguiente manera.

6.png7.png8.png

el resultado se trabaja siempre con las ID_

9.png10.png

saludos espero te funcione o te brinde un camino a seguir.

muchas gracias por responder  y si digamos en la hoja 1 donde tengo los nombres de los paises tambien tengo por ejemplo otra lista pero de ciudades. o sea la fila seria id_pais pais cuidad..... como hago para que al referenciar en la hoja 2 no me salga error y solo me salgan los paises mas no las ciudades?

Hola @proyectotesis22 , se me ocurre algo como esto.

Primero cambiamos la base type a text  

1.png

cambiamos la solicitud de la fรณrmula, ahora pedimos el nombre directamente y no la ID, me parece que no la usas (aunque deberรญas) 

2.png

Hoja 1 con la columna que solicitas:

3.png

el resultado:

5.png52.png53.png

la hoja 2 con el resultado:

6.png

saludos amigo.

amigo muchas gracias, eres el mejor ๐Ÿ™‚

Another way for you to achieve this is to select data type as EnumList in Appsheet....here you can select multiple options...

Top Labels in this Space