Data change action

I have three basic sheets, (Stocks, Add Stocks and Release Stocks.

I have data change action which adds stocks when I add in Add stock and reduces the Stock when I release Stock 

Problem is the first instance works fine, if I add 5 items  Stocks sheet gets updated with available stocks + 5 but then if I add any other value it repeats on adding 5 items every time 

I have these two screenshots of actions can anyone tell me what mistake am I doing I am totally new to appsheet  

Screenshot (18).pngScreenshot (19).png

0 2 70
2 REPLIES 2

The issue is likely with the ANY(Select(...)) expression in your "Add Stock (action)".  It is probably selecting the same row every time.

HOWEVER, it is very difficult for that action to be able to "lookup" the correct row from which to pull the value from.  That is why AppSheet has introduced the INPUT() function.  This function allows you to pass a value from one action to another.

Change your "Add Stock (action" expression to be simply INPUT("add stock", "").  Save the change.

Now go to the "Add Stock (execute)" action.  Below the "Referenced action" you should now see an "Add" button that wasn't there before.  Tapping it you will see the "add stock" variable.  Select it and then add an expression of the value to be assigned.  This is probably just the column with the value to be added.

Try the operation again and you should start seeing the values updating with the correct added value.

I hope this helps!

Sorry Sir,

But it is not working

It is not even updating first record also.

Top Labels in this Space