Date is not update on the deck view type

Hi,

I have an app where my marketing department set their campaign to distribute novelty item. The initial status for when one initiated a campaign is Upcoming, then when the campaign start the status should change to Running and when the campaign end it should change to Complete. 

Right now the date is not update on my deck view that is group by Status. This is the formula for my Status column:

IFS(
ISBLANK([Campaign_Start_Date]), "Upcoming",
TODAY() < [Campaign_Start_Date], "Upcoming",
AND(TODAY() >= [Campaign_Start_Date], TODAY() <= [Campaign_End_Date]), IF([Status] <> "Running", "Running", "Ongoing"),
TODAY() > [Campaign_End_Date], "Complete"
)

Everytime when I needed to update the campaign start date and end date, I manually click edit and save the form again and it got an updated status.

Is there a way it automatically change their own status base on start and end date?

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 5 144
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HI @Suvrutt_Gurjar Thank you for the solution. I was wondering where do we put the filter formula in the slice table or in the the bot.

slice table

Slice status update: RunningSlice status update: Running

Bot 
Bot update: RunningBot update: Running

View solution in original post

Since you are using filter condition in the bot, under the table setting, you please  mention the entire table name and not slice name because the bot filter expression will do the work of slice.

If you are using slice in the table name setting of the bot, then you could simply have TRUE in the filter setting of the bot because slice has already filtered the necessary rows.

Please test well under various conditions.

5 REPLIES 5

I think one option will be to run scheduled bots to change the status.

You could have three daily bots running on three slices in the table.

Then you could use a data change action in the bot to set the status as per logic.

1) "Upcoming" slice with a filter expression of 

OR(

ISBLANK([Campaign_Start_Date]), 
TODAY() < [Campaign_Start_Date])

This bot will set the status as "Upcoming" through a data change action within the bot.

This slice and bot could be optional, if you are able to set an initial value for the status column as "Upcoming" when a data entry is made.

2) Slice "Running" 

AND(TODAY() >= [Campaign_Start_Date], TODAY() <= [Campaign_End_Date])

This bot will set the status as "Running" through a data change action within the bot.

3) Slice "Complete"

TODAY() > [Campaign_End_Date]

This bot will set the status as "Complete" through a data change action within the bot.

HI @Suvrutt_Gurjar Thank you for the solution. I was wondering where do we put the filter formula in the slice table or in the the bot.

slice table

Slice status update: RunningSlice status update: Running

Bot 
Bot update: RunningBot update: Running

Since you are using filter condition in the bot, under the table setting, you please  mention the entire table name and not slice name because the bot filter expression will do the work of slice.

If you are using slice in the table name setting of the bot, then you could simply have TRUE in the filter setting of the bot because slice has already filtered the necessary rows.

Please test well under various conditions.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Top Labels in this Space