Default Data

Ryan_S

Is it possible for appSheet to look up reference data in something like a JSON file?

Here’s the scenario
I’m using an app to track appliance maintenance information, there’s a lot of manufacturers and a lot of different models, and quite frequently the manual needs to be referenced for say Air Flow vs Pressure graphs or other misc. data. I’d like to be able to enter this data once and some-how link it to it’s associated model, but without using ‘Tables’ or Sheets. This sheet would be enormous with a huge column width and thousands of rows long. I was thinking more along the lines of a directory structure of sorts and maybe a couple of JSON files with the related information.

Any thoughts or comments would be helpful. I come from a background of PHP/Node, and JSON makes the most sense short of a NoSQL back-end.

Thanks!

0 3 112
3 REPLIES 3

JSON files cannot be data sources but apigee endpoints can be - maybe that is an option for you.

Ryan_S

At a quick glance, it’s an option; but I’m trying to force myself to stay in the realm of appSheet just to see what it can do, and what I can do with it…

Long weekend project for this guy, and everything is mostly working, just stuck on this problem, and don’t want to make a cluster fuc* solution just because it “works”.

At this time I’m afraid AppSheet doesn’t offer any other alternatives except scripting (app script) but not sure it’s a good one for your use case.

Top Labels in this Space