Detail View: Is there a way to navigate to the next page on slideshow mode without swiping?

We're needing a way to update the Quick edit button here and have the screen automatically go to the next screen (or record)?  In the example below, we have the Slideshow option on and can swipe but we're looking for the screen to automatically move to the record. 

We'd consider using a button as well if needed with the relevant action but didn't see a way to indicate the next record with the actions available.

Any ideas? A million thanks!

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1675283282426.png

0 13 336
  • UX
13 REPLIES 13

Your red arrows will actually show up on browser apps when hovered over with the mouse. I assume that's not quite what you need though, just pointing it out.

To navigate to a "next" record, that would depend on how the collection view that you came from is ordered. If it was ordered by RowNumber, you could use something like:

LINKTOROW(
  ANY(ORDERBY(FILTER(
    this_table ,
    [_rownumber] > [_THISROW].[_rownumber]
  ) , [_rownumber] ) ) ,
  "this view_detail"
)

Or if ordered by a date, similarly:

LINKTOROW(
  ANY(ORDERBY(FILTER(
    this_table ,
    [date] > [_THISROW].[date]
  ) , [date] ) ) ,
  "this view_detail"
)

Thanks Marc good info. Are you thinking we'd place a button on the screen with the "go to app view...." action and use the expressions above to move to the next row? Was thinking there might be something a bit more built in we could reference for the swipe action. I'll give it a go!  Thanks again

I don't know what else you would do.

Thanks Marc, I'll post what we come up with if find something different

In a similar situation, I adapted some good guidance from @Steve and created a slice such that the typical quick edit results in a row being excluded from the slice. It works great. An example in your app might be a slice filter condition of ISBLANK([Status]) or maybe [Status] = "Not Inspected".

Thanks so much. I do have a slice exactly how you outlined above but the screen does not advance automatically when the status is updated to "Ok" or "Needs Attention". Does your screen advance to the next record automatically?

A group action may be the answer.  I have a group action that does two things.  First, it writes data the the sheet that removes it from the slice.  Then, it navigates to the next record in that slice.  So, it's really three actions: 1) write; 2) navigate; 3) the action that puts the two together.

Yes, indeed. As soon as a quick edit to the detail view's current row excludes the row from the slice, it disappears and the next row appears.

ok this may be the solution. Here's the slice and view I used but it doesn't automatically advance.  Is there another setting I should have configured? Is your view a Detail View?

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1675305437898.png

Daisy_Ramirez_1-1675305563829.png

Daisy_Ramirez_2-1675305599133.png

Oh wait, looks like I need to remove the slideshow mode!  Thanks so much!! That was it!

Glad to hear it's working for you!

For the record: Mine is indeed a Detail view--and it does have Slideshow mode enabled.

Kirk are you using the LinktoRow Marc mentioned to navigate to the next record?

Yes.  I'm not sure that my situation is the same as yours, though.  In my case, I have "flashcard" answers that are displayed to students in "detail" views.  If a student taps the group action "GOT IT" (meaning that they got the right answer), the following rather convoluted expression determines what to show next:

LINKTOROW(INDEX(orderby(D to W[Key],[DW order]),if(count(FILTER("D to W", [DW order]<=[_THISROW].[DW order]))>=count(D to W[KEY]),1,count(FILTER("D to W", [DW order]<=[_THISROW].[DW order]))+1)) , "D to W_Detail")

By the way, I have another action in the group that takes the user to a "Your done" view if that was the last card in the slice:

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 13.20.21.png

Top Labels in this Space