Display Action as Primary in a Table View?

Hello!

Alright, guys... This is the table of a checklist I've made on appsheet:

integraOdontoSj_0-1711135654084.png

I've managed to add some actions (like the checkmark) to automatically set tasks as done, and it's been working as intended.

The problem is... I have now created an action to create multiple rows to the checklist for specific activities that require checking multiple items (if you imagine a pilot, he would click this button for doing the pre-flight checklist. The app would then  create all the items he's supposed to check pre-flight.)

And this action (you can see it in the screenshot I have provided, it's the "power" button) can only be displayed as inline, as far as I know (that's why it's being displayed as inline).

I would like to display it as primary or at least as prominent, as if there's no tasks to be done, I would not be able to see the action as inline.

I have already thought about creating a log table and creating a button to add info to that table and, then, a bot to be triggered by new adds that would trigger the action to create the checklist. It does not work because that action also cannot be displayed as primary or prominent.

Is there a work around this? I mean, It's been a while since I've been using appsheet, and I'm impressed I have just now stumbled across this problem. It seems pretty basic to add a button to a table view, I don't know why we can't do it.

Thanks a lot!

0 3 122
3 REPLIES 3

Multi-record views like your table view cannot include actions that work in a row context, i.e. reading or writing column values in a specific row. 

One way to achieve what you need is to add a navigation action to a form in another buffer table to add a new row (LINKTOFORM()) or modify a column value in an existing one  (LINKTOROW()). You can then use this data change event in the buffer table to trigger an automation. 

Thank you for your reply!

I'm sorry, but I didn't quite understand what you meant. Adding a navigation action to a form in another table would mean that the button to start the checklist would be outside of that view, wouldn't it?

Thank you!

The button will be visible in the view, but it would navigate the user for example to a form in another table. Once the user saves the form, he will return to the original view automatically, while a bot triggered in the background is creating the checklist. 

Top Labels in this Space