Distribute quantity between cells of another table

Hello everyone,

I have an inventory app that utilizes a main table called "products." To add stock to the "products" table, users need to go through a workflow using the "requests" table. The stock is then reduced through another workflow called "assignations."

Some of the products come in quantified boxes with correlative serial numbers, so the "products" table has a column called "box quantity." Thanks to this excellent app (https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Looping-with-actions/m-p/223708) shared by @Steve, I was able to automatically create each box with its corresponding serial number in a separate table called "boxes."

However, I have encountered an issue. I now need to keep track of which boxes are being emptied, so I want to distribute the quantity from an assignation across the rows in the "Boxes" table. I am attempting to replicate the same process used for creating the boxes, but I am facing difficulties in updating each row in the "boxes" table based on the quantity in the "assignations" table.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

Thank you,

0 1 54
1 REPLY 1

I think your question requires a bit more detail to make sense. I'd start by showing examples of your data.

Top Labels in this Space