Dropdown from a different table

I have the following setup:

• A table called "Teams" with info about the team and all the players who are part of the team (i.e, team_id, team_name, player_id, player_name, player_email)
  • A slice of the table above called "My team" which filters only the rows which have team_id the same as the user's team_id (i.e, checking by email). Apparently this slice works as intended
  • A table called "Selection" which is intended to capture the players that will be selected for each round of the tournament, with fields player_id_1 and player_id_2

I want to have a form for selecting the team (i.e, populating table "Selection") and I want the fields player_id_1 and player_id_2 to be a dropdown list of the player names that show up in my slice "My team". I've tried using Enum, Enum List, Ref and I seem to be getting nowhere.

Any help is appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 7 86
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I actually found something that works, which is similar to what you described. I set the fields "player_1_id" and "player_id_2" as Text and also set the Valid If formula as MyTeam[player_id]. This works.

The only problem I'm facing now is that I wanted to add validation rules to these fields - for example, I wanted to have a rule on player_id_2 that, if the same as player_id_1, it would show a message saying this is not possible. However, given Valid If formula is filled already for this field, I can't seem to find a way to add another rule. Any clues?

View solution in original post

Move that formula into Suggested values because then you can use Valid_If for this other purpose.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space