Erratic behaviour uploading images

Hi @Gil @Aleksi , I hope you or someone in the community can help me.
I have a deployed app in which i upload photos, and have different behaviours on selecting the photo source depending on how I access to the app.

Case 1. Running the app from Web on Mobile Device

• NOT allow select images from gallery, just the camera

Case 2. Running the app from deployed APK (whitelabel app) on Mobile Device

• In this case I have the option to select from Camera or Gallery
  • But the select photo does NOT load, it shows with an exclamation symbol

Case 3. Running the app from Appsheet App on a Mobile Device

• In this case ALL works OK. I have the option to select from Camera or Gallery
  • The photos loads correctly
    3X_1_f_1f68818ec1a0c111fc3499f110985e149e0f86f9.gif

The users will use the deployed app from MOBILE DEVICES, so I have CASE 1 and CASE 2, and both of them have problems.

The testing was made on a

• Samsung Note 10
  • iPhoneX
  • Huawei Mate 10

Please I need help,

Thanks !!!

0 15 365
15 REPLIES 15

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I encourage you to contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Hi @Fernando_Lopez,
Case 1 is the intended behavior, you canโ€™t select from the Gallery in a mobile browser.
Is case 2 concerning a white label app? Is it possible the APK for the app was generated a long time ago? Could you please check the version number of that APK?

Hi @Gil ,

How can I achieve this? I need to upload images from the mobile gallery. I need to use this feature for iPhone mobiles, Iโ€™ canโ€™t deploy the app to the AppStore

Iโ€™ve just generate the APK, one week ago.

Iโ€™m not sure if you refer to this:

Version 14.0

Thanks in advance

Hi @Fernando_Lopez,
Unfortunately, selecting an existing image was never possible on mobile browser. Only on the mobile app, or desktop browser.

As for case 2:
This seems like a recent bug with our white labeled apps (thanks for reporting it!), Iโ€™m currently investigating the issue and will let you know when we have a fix.

Hi @Gil,

The main poblem is in the iPhone mobiles. Two questions

1. If I change the type column to FILE TYPE, can I be able to select a file on a iPhone mobile browser?
  2. Does the whitelabel app on iOS devices let me select photo from gallery/roll ?

Iโ€™ve just noticed, because I donโ€™t have the problem in other apps deployed months ago (on Android devices)

Thanks in advance

1. If I change the type column to FILE TYPE, can I be able to select a file on a iPhone mobile?

That wouldnโ€™t work on iOS (it would on Android though)

1. Does the whitelabel app on iOS devices let me select photo from gallery/roll ?

Yes, iOS white labeled app would work. However, keep in mind that getting your app white labeled and app store approved takes more effort on iOS than on Android.

Iโ€™ve just noticed, because I donโ€™t have the problem in other apps deployed months ago (on Android devices)

Yes, it seems like a bug in a recent update.

Hi @Gil

I donโ€™t have another option for iOS users, do you know who can bring me support on iOS deployment/whitelabel of appsheet team ?

Please, let me know when this will be corrected, I need this for Android users.

Thanks a lot

For white labeling on iOS, please follow the instructions on this article:

Hi @Fernando_Lopez,
We have a fix for the image issue on Android white labeled apps.
Youโ€™ll need to generate a new apk to get it.

Hi Gil,

I have a similar issue i have downloaded the new apk and tried running it the image issue is not resolved.

Can you help me out with the details.

Thanks Gil.

I have one more question. I need to upload a video file on iOS device. How can i do this?

I tried creating a FILE TYPE column but when the user tries to upload a video file, it does not accept. How Can i do this?

Hi Fernando, can you confirm the file type you are uploading? Also, if you are uploading a local video and not from icloud?

Hi @mandar ,
Iโ€™m trying to upload an mp4 LOCAL video file
What I need is to upload a file video as easy is to upload a picture from the camera/photo roll

Thanks

Hi @mandar
Do you have some news about this?

Top Labels in this Space