Error shown when successfully copying template app

I regularly share the latest version of a flashcard app (template/sample) I made for students interested in language learning.  I haven't gone completely public with the app yet (I want to improve the documentation before I do so) but if you are interested, you can see what I'm giving my students this semester here:

https://www.appsheet.com/templates?appGuidString=6f2ba27b-d2b5-404e-821a-9f278c999f59

The app is quite large now and so it takes a while to copy. The issue I'd like to ask about is the error message you see below:

IMG_8011.jpg
Note: The screen you see above is from the Gmail app on an iPhone.

Despite the error, the app was set up successfully.  In addition to the error, another problem was that the "We're setting up your new app" message never ended.  When I found the copied app inside the "Owned by me" part of the iPhone "AppSheet" app, I closed the window, without any problems.  

I wonder if others have experienced this issue and if anyone at AppSheet is aware of it.  Since the copy was successful, I hesitate to initiate a support ticket but I wonder if I need to do that to make the engineers at AppSheet aware of the problem?

By the way, because it took forever to open my portfolio page the last time I tried, I've stopped trying to use it to share apps and now always share templates directly via links such as the one I have placed above.  If you'd like to learn how to do this,  please see the following tip of mine:

How to share your app as a template / sample app via your portfolio and/or a URL
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/How-to-share-your-app-as-a-template-sample-app-v...

0 1 96
1 REPLY 1

I learned, through experience copying my apps to different domains, to avoid copying "file data" during the process of app copying. In this way, the copy process terminates much faster and without errors. Afterwards, I handle copying the files separately in Drive. 

Top Labels in this Space