Esc button closes "Expression Assistant" without prompt

Using/studying the AppSheet for six months, I repeatedly noticed an unpleasant feature:
Expression Assistant closes without confirmation when pressing Esc.
And today, while composing a very complex formula, I accidentally pressed the Esc key, which also caused my half-hour work to be lost.

As additional information:

1. for 25 years of using all kinds of text editors, I used to press Esc to close the tooltips.
  2. I use Google Chrome on Ubuntu Linux with the extension “Application Table Toolbar”.
  3. The only thing I could find in the forum is

FREE Chrome Extension that enhances the Expression Assistant [AppSheet Toolbox/QREW Tools] - #177 by...

Questions:

1. This is my local problem, or many people face this behavior?
  2. What to do?
Solved Solved
0 3 202
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I do this quite frequently, actually.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It’s not just you; it’s how it works. Expression Assistant also closes if you click elsewhere in the window outside Expression Assistant’s frame. It’s been that way forever.

Also annoying: even though the rest of the editor is shaded, suggesting Expression Assistant has focus, if use the Test function from Expression Assistant, close the tab Test opens, and press Ctrl-Z to undo an expression change you just made but that didn’t test as desired, the Ctrl-Z will be caught by the app editor–not Expression Assistant!–reverting the last app change, not the last expression change.

Attn @Arthur_Rallu

@Steve Thanks!
Prior to that, knowing this behavior of “Expression Assistant”, I use pre-edited
expressions in an external editor and copied them ready-made to “Expression Assistant” form, but this is not normal (I think).
Thank`s for att

I do this quite frequently, actually.

Top Labels in this Space