Event Data Change Row Id

Is there a way to get the Id of the row the event triggered on for all change types?

Ie: Row is added to table 1, t1, can this row id be used within a bot and within one of its processes? If so, how do you grab this id and can it be added to the documentation?

Would you just use [_RowNumber] or [id] if you have a column set as the key?

An example of where this would be used would be in a โ€˜Call a processโ€™ step for one of the Lookup Inputs.

0 5 210
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Liam,

You should be able to just provide the key column from the row that triggered the process.
Assuming โ€œidโ€ is the key column, you can just provide [id] to the โ€œCall a processโ€ step for lookup input.

Thanks

I got it to work but had to use [_THISROW].[id]

Former Community Member
Not applicable

So did just using [Id] not work?

No it doesnโ€™t work, both [_THISROW].[id] and [id] do not work. [id] works less than [_THISROW].[id].

I am using the bot to call a process which calls a task and an action that makes changes to my inventory system. When I use [id] it does not change the correct inventory location, when I use [_THISROW].[id] it changes the correct location.

Both options have another issue but I will leave that for another topic.

Hi Liam,

Would you mind emailing support@appsheet.com with details of your app and allow access to your apps โ€“ go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.

We would like to investigate the issue why [id] did not work properly.

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space