Expression result appears in the virtual column but not in the normal column

Please help me find the solution to this Appsheet formula problem I am facing.

I’ve two columns with the same expression:
IF([AM]="","",IF([AM]=“Over”,TOTALHOURS([Work From]-[Clock In]),IF([Execuse AM Value]>TOTALHOURS([Clock In]-[Work From]),"",(TOTALHOURS([Clock In]-[Work From])-[Execuse AM Value]))))

one of the columns is normal from the spreadsheet and the other one is virtual

The problem here is
when I test the expression in each column i have a correct result in the expression result and the virtual column but I have 0 in the normal column

Note that

• I make my changes throw the form
  • I don’t need that virtual column in my project because I need to save data in the spreadsheet
1 12 281
12 REPLIES 12

1. Check the column definition to make sure there are no settings that would cause rounding or truncation to occur.

2. For your normal column, is the expression in the App Formula property? If it is in Initial Value, it is only executed when the row is first added and never again.

3. Have you checked the sheet for actual value saved there?

4. When you state:

…are you making the changes in the same Form for the row where the column “AM Late/Over” exists and is the column included? For example, if the Form operates on a Slice but the slice does not include the column, the App Formula will not fire for that column.

Thanks for replay
the two columns have the same definition

the sheet save the 0 value as resulted in the normal column

• yes I make the changes in the same row … result changes every time in the virtual column but stays 0 in the normal one

Hmm, I am wondering if you might be impacted by a known issue where the server computes differently than the client/UI side of things. Virtual Columns are computed on the server while your “normal” columns’ App Formula will be computed on the client/UI side.

AppSheet introduced a feature where the server and client use “consistent” computation methods. Check the setting shown in the image below. If it is not already set to “Consistent”, change the setting and try again to see if that fixes it.

It’s already as shown in your image … I didn’t make any change to this setting

I’m out of options. I would recommend reaching out to support.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Maybe one last ditch effort is to re-write the expression. I think using the IFS() function is more appropriate than nested IF’s.

Thanks for you

Mr. @Steve could you help me, please

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Find an existing row with a blank value in the real column with the App formula, open that row in a form view, make no changes in the form, then click Save. Does the real column with the App formula get a value?

No, it didn’t make any change

I recommend you engage Support for further help with this. Someone there can look directly at your app configuration and troubleshoot.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

I would also check the settings of that column in spreadsheet, and also test the formula in initial value

I can’t make the formula in the initial value, my app is changeable continuously

Top Labels in this Space