Fetching name from reference table

I have a table as follows :

1. Date

2. Task name

3. Project Name

Project Name should come from referenced table.   I have referenced it to a project master, but it is returning the project name but storing the row id in the project name field.  Please help.

Solved Solved
0 3 75
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

That is an expected behavior. A table reference is recognized or tied by the table key. So it gets dtored in the backend table.

However keys can be cryptic for an app user to undrrstand. So the app displays label of the row for user just in the view display.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106376?hl=en

View solution in original post

Thanks for your support.

As you mentioned it should store the name, but I don't know what mistakes I am doing.  Project Name column is defined as Ref,  referring to Project List table.   It lists all the project names and showing in screen but while saving it stores the row number of the Project name. !!!  Please let me know where I am doing mistake ? 

My Project name list is an imported table, only Project name is available there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

jay

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

That is an expected behavior. A table reference is recognized or tied by the table key. So it gets dtored in the backend table.

However keys can be cryptic for an app user to undrrstand. So the app displays label of the row for user just in the view display.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106376?hl=en

Thanks for your support.

As you mentioned it should store the name, but I don't know what mistakes I am doing.  Project Name column is defined as Ref,  referring to Project List table.   It lists all the project names and showing in screen but while saving it stores the row number of the Project name. !!!  Please let me know where I am doing mistake ? 

My Project name list is an imported table, only Project name is available there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

jay

Thanks it worked now

Top Labels in this Space