Filtering to a list from the same table?

I am working on an employee database and I want to have a field which identifies who someone's line manager is. Example, Bob is Charlie's line manager.

Both Bob & Charlie are in the Employees table, and there is a field Is a line manager where Bob is ticked.

I also have a slice, which filters the Employees table to those employees who are designated as line managers.

The list I get, however, when I set up the Manager field as an Enum, Ref linked to the Slice is not the designated staff, but the list of names already in the Manager field, some of which are wrong (intentionally added wrong to the data as part of testing).

I'm also getting a yellow warning label.

I'm guessing that the reason this isn't working is because I can't do what I'm trying to do in this way, but I'm not sure how to go about it

0 3 92
3 REPLIES 3

Thank you, I had to use the Select option and build in the filter there, as opposed to trying to pull from a slice.
However, although it is working and accepting the values, I still have a yellow warning triangle against each entry.  Not sure why?

Top Labels in this Space