Format Rules in forms

Is there a way to create a format rule that looks on the form? I need to create a warning column that is displayed on the form (with an orange color) in case a user chooses an option. I know that the format rules are visible in the detail views but it would be interesting if they could also be seen in dorms. Regards.

Solved Solved
0 7 532
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Format rules do not affect the content of input fields, but can be used to affect the content of columns of type Show, which can be displayed in form views.

View solution in original post

Also, if you have Enum/EnumList fields, you can apply format rules for them in forms

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@Gustavo_Eduardo wrote:

Is there a way to create a format rule that looks on the form?

Yes. Did you try but encounter a problem?

To be 100% honest, I have created the formatting rule only to be visible in the form but I have not been able to see it applied (I have tried it from the device, not from the browser) and yet I could not. In any case, it is not a priority, but I would apply it if I knew how to do it.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Format rules do not affect the content of input fields, but can be used to affect the content of columns of type Show, which can be displayed in form views.

Hice esto funciona bastante bien

Also, if you have Enum/EnumList fields, you can apply format rules for them in forms

Se está armando un post con buenas soluciones que se pueden aplicar en estos casos! Gracias Oscar

i used in Data Validity: Invalid value error, creating a soft error, like some entry: isnotblank([field]), just to point out that there is new updated information in the form, (this show the text color in red) and the user can easily notice something has changed.

Top Labels in this Space