Golf Match play templates suggestions

Hello all,

I'm looking at creating a custom match-play app for a local disc golf event. It is already run off of a Google sheet, but currently, we have to print out the scorecards and hand them out. i would like to be able to have players keep score with their phones. 

What template would be the best to get me jump started on this? I am pretty tech savvy, but I have little app-building experience. 

Ideally I would like it look something like this:

>Players login and Pick the team they are playing for (2-4 options)

>  their name that gets added to the teams' roster

> Then I need to have a page where the captains of the team can pick which players they want to play in each slot.

>After the players are picked, I need scorecards created for each match and sent out to the players (via text or email or link, whatever is easiest) that have the starting hole number, and three options for what happened on the hole: Did Team A win? Team B? or was it a tie? (hopefully, we can just add the team logos and player names to the page)

>after one of the options is selected it should go to the next hole.

>I would then like a live scoreboard that we can have people not playing follow along with the matches

Thanks for any and all suggestions! 

0 1 57
1 REPLY 1

Hello there,

This seems like a fairly complex app for getting started using AppSheet on, I don't think you'll be able to find any templates remotely close to what I understand you're trying to achieve here.

You should try to learn some of the basics and try to build it yourself from scratch, and as you work your way building the app, ask any specific questions you have in the forums.

The forum is a good place to get "un-stuck" but to get stuck, you have to try first.

Top Labels in this Space