Google Calendar Status

When we add Google Calendar as a data source, we get a column called [Status].
Out of the box it is an Enum with 3 values:

• confirmed
  • tentative
  • cancelled

This is in line with the documentation (scroll down to “Status”)

We can also change these values, for example to change the color in AppSheet calendar view.

But I couldn’t find a way to get this Status visible in Google Calendar.
I mean: In AppSheet I set the [Status] to “cancelled”. But this is not reflected in the Google Calendar.

1 8 751
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

I also see that we cannot change these values. I wanted to change the wording. But when I add a new entry and sync it says:
Unable to add/edit/delete row in table 'Calendar'. → Error adding entries to calendar: Bad Request

Hi! I have the same problem? Did you find a solution?

Hi @Facundo no I didn’t. You cannot change the wording of [Status]

• confirmed
  • tentative
  • cancelled
    are the only one you can use.

I have a Google calendar as a data source.  Specifically events made thru Google Appointment Scheduler.  I find the default Status is 'confirmed'.  Other than changing colors or visibility in a slice, only 'cancelled' initiates an action back to Calendar Event.  'Cancelled' actually cancels the event and deletes it from the calendar.

What I would want is the initial value in the app to be 'tentative' even though it set to 'Yes' in Google calendar to hold the time slot until the user sets to 'confirmed' or canceled by setting to 'cancelled'.

Anyone been able to at least set the initial value of Status to something other than 'confirmed'?

I would like the event to show up in my map view, as it does now,  when 'tentative', but not when it is 'confirmed'.  

This does TEST as 'tentative' but is not set.  Detail view still shows 'confirmed'.

Initial Value formula for column Status (Enum)

IF(

STARTSWITH([Title], "Mobile Training Request")=True,
"tentative",
"confirmed"

)

Hi @collinsjason if it is not possible to set the initial value you should open a bug report https://support.google.com/appsheet/gethelp

As a workaround, you can try adding an action that changes [Status] to the desired value. Add this action to the form view under "Behavour" - "Form saved".

Thank you Fabian.  I will submit a bug report on the initial Status not working.  Status column is set to Edit and user is able to change the status manually.  Just seems backwards the Calendar event from a booking page initial value is 'confirmed'  when there are 3 states, 'tentative' being the logical first.

“Google Calendar avoids schedule conflicts. If you RSVP “Yes” or “Maybe” to an event in Google Calendar, that block of time won’t appear as open on your booking page.”

Maybe it is just my use case, but in my opinion Google Appointment scheduler should default to 'Maybe' (aka 'tentative') instead of 'confirmed'. Or have the option when setting up your booking page. I think I already sent feedback on this issue in Calendar.  I will try again.

Update: Support responded to the bug report.  They put my formula in the FORMULA and set INTIAL VALUE to 'tentative'.  While it works to set the initial value of new calendar events in the app to 'tentative', being set by a FORMULA disables the ability to Edit or change the Status.  Defeats the purpose, imho.  I do not understand the purpose of INITIAL VALUE if it does not allow setting the initial value and allowing edit/changes after the fact I guess.

Yes that makes no sense. Both should work: Formula OR Initial Value.

Top Labels in this Space