Google Docs Template suddenly returning blank fields in PDF automation

Hello,

I have built a template that was working just fine and suddenly stopped working.

Where I am expecting to see values from column name variables and start end expressions, there's just nothing. I haven't used any IF expressions in the template. The strangest thing is that no field is displayed except for the very last one in the template (circled in red in the second screenshot ).

TIAtemplate01.jpgtemplate02.jpg

0 12 418
12 REPLIES 12

So what did you do between the time it was working and when it stopped working? Can you undo that change?

Can you post a screenshot of the actual output?

Thanks for your reply.
I didn't do anything on the app. Working on the template was the last thing I did, I tested and it was working, and then I left it like that and someone who's helping me test found out that the output wasn't as expected.
Here is a sample output from when the template was still working:
output_working01.jpgoutput_working02.jpg

Here's the output now, with only the last field working:
output_ broken01.jpgoutput_broken02.jpg

I hope bumping a post isn't against community guidelines, I checked and didn't find anything advising against it, so... bump.

What does the monitor app show?

Thanks for your interest! 
It shows status "Complete" but Output data as following: (since the moment the template broke I  tweaked something in the table by adding some virtual columns to test formulas)

Output data
{ "IDstorico": "Di4e9b8697", "Dipendente": "cfcfccchhxhxhxhxhx", "Unitร  Operativa": "c15f6fea", "Piano Addestramento": "fba2c5ac", "Addetto": "5f9d452a", "Responsabile": "c8ac53a7", "Data inizio programmato": "", "Data completamento": "09/14/2022", "Valutazione": "Quasi autonomo", "Firma Dipendente": "StoricoAddestramenti_Images/Di4e9b8697.Firma Dipendente.010514.png", "Firma Addetto": "StoricoAddestramenti_Images/Di4e9b8697.Firma Addetto.010514.png", "Firma Responsabile": "StoricoAddestramenti_Images/Di4e9b8697.Firma Responsabile.010514.png", "AggiungiRighe": "3", "CreatoDa": "unoresponsabile@gmail.com", "SommaEnum": " , , , ", "Stato": "NO", "Apporre firme!": "", "Singoli addestramenti": "", "Inizio effettivo": "", "TESTFORMULA tipologiacontrattuale": "", "TESTFORMULA qualifica": "", "Qualifica Responsabile": "", "Funzione Responsabile": "", "Data assunzione": "", "Data fine assunzione": "", "Settore": "", "Attrezzature": "", "Impianti": "", "Procedure": "", "DPI": "", "testTemplate": "" }

Task Properties
{"Task Type":"MakeDoc","Task Name":"Task for Crea pdf","SaveFile Attachment Name":"Di4e9b8697","SaveFile Attachment Archive":"ArchiveAndDoNotAttach","SaveFile Attachment ByteLength":51732,"SaveFile Attachment FileName":"Files/Di4e9b8697.pdf","SaveFile Attachment FilePath":"DocId=182HIeFidlro5mBMOeEK49O6b8dAjlbGP","SaveFile Attachment MIMEType":"application/pdf","SaveFile Attachment PageOrientation":"Portrait","SaveFile Attachment PageSize":"A4","SaveFile Attachment PDFCount":1,"SaveFile Attachment TemplateHasCustomFonts":false,"SaveFile Attachment TextLength":15514}

It's hard to tell if something is going on without more info.

Does your monitor app show any errors?

No, no errors at all.

Can you check if for some reason there is a security filter + if the bot config is not bypassing security filters?

This is mind boggling! I sure do have security filters in place and the bot was set to NOT bypass them. I toggled the "bypass security filters" option and now the output has some fields working and some not working!

Bethel_Vasto_0-1663460370389.png

Ok, now this may apply:

Example automations - AppSheet Help

Unfortunately that is not my case, because the child records are previously created via a "looping with action" process that I configured following @Steve 's and @MultiTech 's tutorials.
The bot that creates the file is then only triggered once a y/n type virtual column on the parent record reads that all the child records are "complete" and allows the user to sign that parent record by showing a signature field.

This is facepalm-worthy - I configured tons of extra virtual columns and re-wrote the template for it to display the expected output. The reason why the whole thing broke is still a mistery. But it's good practice for me. Thanks to everyone who read and took the time to suggest possible solutions. I am not going to mark my own answer as the solution, cause it's not.

Top Labels in this Space