Help with a message next to action button

I am making an improvement to our maintenance request app. 

In some cases, we require a Root Cause Analysis to accompany a work order.

I've been able to separate out work orders that have an associated RCA and those that do not:

abjackso_0-1657829271970.png

In the detail view for these entries, I'd like a message to appear if the work order has an underlying RCA, something like this:

abjackso_1-1657829511180.png

My crude attempt was a Show column, and I tried the following Show If expression:

AND(View = Open Work Requests_Detail, [Is this request associated with a near miss incident requiring a Root Cause Analysis?]=TRUE)

AppSheet was fine with the expression, but it didnt appear in the detailed view.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track.  I'm open to minor tweaks as well as major overhauls.

Thanks!

-Andrew

0 10 153
10 REPLIES 10

Show columns only work on Forms.

You can create a virtual column, put a condition on Show (including CONTEXT("View") = "data_Detail"), set Display Name as " " and use a Format Rule to emphasize it.

This is the best I can come up with..

For showing show columns in detail view, please make the below setting on

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1657854940059.png

Did not know this!

This help doc should be updated.

TeeSee1_0-1657859412128.png

I agree with you @TeeSee1 . I think when a feature is added later, at times the document update does not take place. 

However, now one can give a feedback on an article at the link provided at the bottom of the article and @lizlynch  from Google AppSheet team responds and implements valid suggestions.

Thank you Suvrutt, this was helpful.

-Andrew

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thank you for tagging me! I've updated several pages to indicate that this option exists! 

I'm going to make some additional improvements to the View types pages to include the configuration details for each type (similar to what we provide for Card views). Stay tuned for that!

Thanks again for tracking down the resolution to this issue!

Liz

Thank you very much @lizlynch . I took a look at the updated descriptions on show columns and those are helpful.

The help documents section in new format is really coming up well. We  all app creators appreciate your and your team's efforts towards continuously improving documentation. Thank you all.

You're welcome! It's a team effort -- we appreciate you all sharing your feedback! ๐Ÿ˜

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@lizlynch is awesome!

As are you, @Steve , and this entire AppSheet Community! ๐Ÿ™‚  I love all of the support shared by this Community!

Top Labels in this Space