Help with functionality - To scan barcodes or not

I have an test app I am working on, and I am struggling to get my head around a particular way of doing something. It’s been a while, and I am not used to thinking how this will work properly…

So I have a table of items. I can enter items here and they are treated as stock, basically.

In the app I want to be able to add them to a “wanted” list, like a shopping list. Now I can do this in 2 ways… since the item is recorded in the Items table with a barcode, I could scan the item as it is leaving my stock, and have it add automatically to the “shopping list”.

But sometimes I may want to add an item from the items table, into the “shopping list” but using my desktop computer - no access to the scanner (phone). I can do this easy enough, by selecting the items from a “Valid If…” dropdown, however, doing it this way doesn’t populate the barcode column for that item.

So, what I want is the Barcode column to populate by reading a barcode, but if that is not available at the time, I want it populating from the info table data when the item is selected from a dropdown. Does that make sense?

Thanks
TS

0 3 456
3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space