How can I hide the save button in the form after editing it?

I want after clicking the edit icon then don't show the save button in the form.

it's possible., any solution. 

both image.png

0 6 522
6 REPLIES 6

Go Manage -> Author -> Editor Settings, turn on "Show system actions?"

Next go to Behaviour -> Actions and you'll be able to see the edit button.  

Screenshot from 2022-04-27 12-47-49.png

Go into the settings and add a relevant "Only if this condition is true" condition.  This will hide the edit button.  If they can't edit they can't save ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon@1minManager

Hi @1minManager @Steve @mateo 

In Edit behaviour Function

[DATE]= Today ()

I have put this function in the behavior of the edit. But it has a problem. Columns are not edited but by clicking on the save button my columns are updated. Can the save button be hidden from inside the edit form. 

There is one more place where you play with "SAVE" word. It is here:
Zrzut ekranu 2022-04-27 o 15.18.25.png

@mateo is right you can simply change it from "save" to "".  But there is still a pixel you can click on

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Why do you allow the user into the form at all if you don't want them to save? What are you trying to accomplish?

If you still need a solution, i have one. You need to play with the Valid IF option.

1. Do two more column in your table. For example: SaveCheck and SaveOn. 
  2. Set the SaveOn column the type that you want. I did it with Enum, and its value was "demo". Just be sure, that the normal user cannot change this.
  3. The SaveCheck column must be Yes/No.
  4. Set the SaveCheck App formula to check if the SaveOn column is "TRUE" or "FALSE".  (In my example with the "CONTAINS" expression.)
  5. Set the SaveCheck Valid If: SaveCheck = TRUE.
  6. You can set if you want the Invalid value error and the Yes/No display values as well.

Top Labels in this Space