How do I get the child reference table data i...

How do I get the child reference table data included when a parent table triggers an ADDS_ONLY Update event?

I have a Material Order List that is emailed to me when theyโ€™re created.

The problem is that the items in the order donโ€™t show up because they get syncโ€™d moments after the order data is saved.

Tony mentioned in the last Office Hours that this currently isnโ€™t supported directly but there might be a workaround.

Any suggestions?

0 4 383
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

Hi @Keith_Block. I was unable to come up with a workaround for this. Maybe a community member will chime in. For the time being, thereโ€™s no way to make the workflow fire only after the children have been added.

Yeah, I tried a couple tricky things with virtual columns but none of them worked.

For now, Iโ€™ve set the Workflow Email Body to send a link back to the row in the App which isnโ€™t too bad but it would be nice to be able to print an order right from an email.

Is it possible for a link in the Workflow Email Body to update a column in that row which would trigger another email with the full order details?

BTW, love Tonyโ€™s Corner on Office Hours!

Haha.

tony1

@Keith_Block I figured out a way to do it by triggering an action when the form is submitted. See this example app: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Send-an-email-when-children-are-added?appGuidString=75e6fdb0-7d89-4...

That did it.

Thanks, @tony!

Top Labels in this Space