How do you pass information from one view to another?

Hi, first time on this forum trying to figure this out.
Interested in building a custom CRM system with app sheets. How do I pass information from one view to another?

Example: Same Workbook
Sheet1 has customer info
Sheet 2 pulls customers info and allows them to create an appointment
sheet 3 pulls appointment & customer info and create another view.

I am having a hard time connecting the data together.

0 9 1,837
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Harout_Gagulyan,

You may want to check out this article first and then dive deeper from there as needed:

Let me share this google sheet to show you what I am trying to make. I want customer name, phone, address, project, whatever to be viewable in another view like i have organized in the google sheet.

I want to make Tab Customers, Appointment Tab, Confirmation Tab, to be views in my app all connecting the data together.

Linktoform should be one you check if it is function to solve your own problem.

Let me share this google sheet to show you what I am trying to make. I want customer name, phone, address, project, whatever to be viewable in another view like i have organized in the google sheet.

I want to make Tab Customers, Appointment Tab, Confirmation Tab, to be views in my app all connecting the data together.

I know i have zero coding experience, Iโ€™m just learning.

Are you sure the data type of Ref and get the child value using dereference expression?

Sounds like learning ref + dereference should be starting point with you.

I have a similar problem. I can use linkform to transfer the customerID from the customer info to book an appointment. On the appointment view, I used linkform and transferred the customerID onto a new invoice. On the invoice, I have a field for customerID and full name. How do I lookup the customer name based on the customerID? I canโ€™t seem to find the right formula. I thought it would be [customers].[full name] but that didnโ€™t work.

Make sure that the customer column in target table is ref type column and looking up customer table.

I also made the customer id as a ref. I created an action to go to make a new invoice. I tried linktoview but the customer id didnโ€™t transfer over. I had to use linktoform with transferring over customer id. I used lookup on the invoice to lookup name based on the transferred customer id. However, the lookup doesnโ€™t give the correct name.

I finally figured it out. I used this instead.
LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Order ID], โ€œOrdersโ€, โ€œOrder IDโ€, โ€œOrder Dateโ€)
Iโ€™ve read the dereference expressions but I have a hard time understanding it. Iโ€™m starting to get it as I write more apps. Are there any tests or quizzes that I can take to master these concepts? Iโ€™ve love your platform and I think I can write many apps with it.

Top Labels in this Space