How to display a list of editable rows, with one column to edit once a day

SHAR8F

Hello,
I need help creating a display as follows;

1. Iโ€™m creating an app to manage status of multiple location of a company. I simply want to have a user select Yes or No to imply Open or closed.

2. The user can only update/edit the location status once a day, by defaut it is blank.

3. The list of locations is a growing list. but I need to have all locations dispalyed everyday, with blank column for the user to update.

4. I need to collect data showing each location and operation status i.e closed or open for each day over a long period of time.

I need to display a view like this, with the status colum editable per location, but only once a day:

Please advise on how I can go about this.

Thank you so much.

0 6 396
6 REPLIES 6

Thereโ€™s a lot to take into consideration when advising how you should move forward, as thereโ€™s several different ways you could go about this.

• Is this app intended to be used by multiple people, or one person?
  • Do you need to store the results of each day, or is it enough to โ€œflip a switchโ€ and change a value?

I need to save the results for each day. The app is intended for use by one person.

I would use a scheduled report in conjunction with an action that will create these records you need; this way each day thereโ€™s a new set of records for the user to modify.

SHAR8F

Many thanks for the reply @MultiTech_Visions

I have read through the links and the knowledge is very helpful. However Iโ€™m still falling to apply it to my requirements. Could you please suggest steps youโ€™d follow to achieve that functionality?

Thanks again.

Youโ€™ll need to make use of this type of action:

It allows you to create a record in, say Table B, from table A.

So in your case; you can create a record for tracking the open/closed status for each location; and you put that record creation action into a report - so it runs on a schedule.

For your report (on your location table), youโ€™ll need to make sure you have the following set

• Run for each record in the table

This then will run that action to create a location_tracking_record each day whenever you schedule it.

SHAR8F

Many thanks @MultiTech_Visions ,

Iโ€™m going to try it out and revert accordingly.

Top Labels in this Space