How to format a Section Header? Hi there, i a...

How to format a Section Header? Hi there, i am trying to use a Format Rule on a Show type, category : Page_Header. The formating does not work. However it does work if I change the catefory to Text or Section_Header.

Why is that so?

Thanks for your help!

0 12 1,417
12 REPLIES 12

@Julien_Gregoire Section_Header and Page_Header are Show type columns and unfortunately you cannot apply formatting to a Show type column. You cannot apply format rule to the Text type columns also provided their value are generated with an AppFormula.

@Levent_KULACOGLU You can nowadays use a format rule for Section header and text type. The Page header is meant for page brake and tab names and thatโ€™s why the formatting is not working at this moment. Itโ€™s in the pipeline, but itโ€™s not done yet.

Is this possible now? To apply format rule to a show type column.

I would think you could try it and find outโ€ฆ

Hi Steve, I did try it but not sure my formula is 100% correct. I want to apply this formatting all the time, whatโ€™s the expression for that. Can I use a wildcard

The expression is: TRUE

No, AppSheet does not recognize wildcards.

Perfect! Iโ€™m looking forward to have it working. Meanwhile, Iโ€™ll use two columns one for brake and the other for formatting.

3X_c_6_c620631a238480b4516957ea9f5b029bc7fcadf3.png

Like this? Doesnโ€™t seem to be working for me.

No, not like that.

Iโ€™ve tried again and the formatting works but not if the category is Page_Header

Then I guess you canโ€™t format page headers.

Oh well, I tried. It was just that the previous post said it was in the pipeline quite a while ago.

Top Labels in this Space