How to have default system actions only displaying in tables but not "inline tables"

Somehow I have ended up with the default system actions (+) Add displaying in both the table view and also in the "inline" view.

I know this is not how the app is created by default.  However, I believe that by adding an action and then deleting it again, the default behaviour breaks and I failed to find the cause and fix it.

gefaila_0-1651834267300.png 

this is normal.  (+) Add is indeed needed here.

But now I'm getting the same "Add" icon displayed after **all** inline tables

gefaila_1-1651834387492.png gefaila_2-1651834694258.png

This is not normal and also redundant since the View | Add links are displayed by default.

No combination of "Display Prominently" or conditions to display seem to be able to return the display to how it was (i.e. the icons only display on tables not inline)

I know this may be related to https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/Action-prominence-display-options/idi-p/379417 , however, that discussion originated in actions that are displayed in the top bar.

Solved Solved
0 2 199
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A bug was introduced two days ago that produced the extraneous overlay buttons. The bug was fixed yesterday, though. Please hard-reload the app editor (e.g., with Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+R), and resync your app. You may need to make some trivial change to your app and push it out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A bug was introduced two days ago that produced the extraneous overlay buttons. The bug was fixed yesterday, though. Please hard-reload the app editor (e.g., with Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+R), and resync your app. You may need to make some trivial change to your app and push it out.

Hi Steve, that worked perfectly. Thanks for connecting the dots for me (and others?)

Top Labels in this Space