I want to hide the action button

How do I want to hide the action button in the “prominently” position on the slice detail page. Will appear on the original page

Solved Solved
0 6 1,069
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually I wanted images of the views themselves but I think I got it now.

First, I just want to point out that in the expression you implemented, you have “Details” with an “s”. You don’t want the “s” there.

That expression will actually hid it in BOTH Detail views. So instead, you can specify the precise view name to hide it in.

Use this instead:

CONTEXT("View") = "Your Slice Detail View Name"

If you are not sure of what the view name is, you can find it in the bottom left hand corner of the emulator labeled as View.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If I understand you correctly, you want to conditionally hide the action from the Detail view.

In the Behavior expression of the action, you can specify a CONTEXT() function. For example you could use:

CONTEXT("ViewType") <> "Detail")

The action will not show in the Detail view but will show in any other view type valid for the Action display type you have selected.

thank you for the answer, unfortunately but it appears on both pages

You had mentioned this previously so I assumed your view was a Detail type view.

Can you provide images of the two views from the emulator (include the view information at the bottom) and let us know which one you want to hide the Action on??

Actually I wanted images of the views themselves but I think I got it now.

First, I just want to point out that in the expression you implemented, you have “Details” with an “s”. You don’t want the “s” there.

That expression will actually hid it in BOTH Detail views. So instead, you can specify the precise view name to hide it in.

Use this instead:

CONTEXT("View") = "Your Slice Detail View Name"

If you are not sure of what the view name is, you can find it in the bottom left hand corner of the emulator labeled as View.

Thank you very much, it was now.

CONTEXT (“ViewType”) = “Detail”), with

CONTEXT (“View”) = “Detail”)

What is the difference, how to use “ViewType”. For example, is it possible to use the same “slice inline” table?

Top Labels in this Space