Invite customer to upload his media

Claims habits have changed in so much as customers are brought into a claims process to interact with our business and his/her claim journey.

We rely heavily on customers uploading media/photo's to start a claims process. My app is built around a claims process all working very well internally. Ideally when we have a new case to deal with we send a customer a link to a web page, they have the option and ability to upload their photos so we can get the ball rolling. We do this outside of Appsheet but we would love this to happen within Appsheet.

Can Appsheet send a link to a customer and they upload their photo's directly into our App without it affecting subscription level, if so how?

Many Thanks

1 7 165
7 REPLIES 7

If you have a secure app, you'll need a license for each separate email address accessing the system.

• That could mean you'd need X number of licenses to cover each potential customer that would access the system in a month.

Or you could build a public app, but then you face the difficulties of making sure everything is setup correctly so that when a user submits data, it's tied to the right parent records - or they're dealt with in some way. 

• Point being... you've got to ensure smooth operation here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But can you build a system to "send an email with a link to the app"... where when clicked that user is taken directly to the specific record they need to upload child records to... and then add child records with images inside them....

Yup.  All day!  (^_^)

Or you could build a public app, but then you face the difficulties of making sure everything is setup correctly so that when a user submits data, it's tied to the right parent records - or they're dealt with in some way. 

This seems to be the way. The customer/user wouldn't need access to the full App, just the row which relates to their claim. They would need no other function other than to upload to a specific table with a JobID which would be invisible to them. It doesn't necessarily need to be Appsheet as long as another system or function could access the table. Is this doable... thoughts ?

During the pandemic lockdowns, I was asked by a doctor client of mine to create a way for people to sign up to donate their antibodies.  

• Part of this system included a way to confirm their scheduled appointment through test confirmation.
  • We sent them a text with a link, that link took them into the app - directly where they needed to be in order to submit their data.
  • There was no other way to get to that view, other than through the link we sent to the person

The system needed two apps: 

• Management app (secure app requiring logins, where people would manage everything)
  • Public App (where people could sign up and all that, as well as confirm or cancel/reschedule their appointments).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great stuff. The management App, no one needs access to, is there an example of the public app with logins etc as that sounds the most promising.

Appreciate the support.

@DaveWillett wrote:

is there an example of the public app with logins

• Defeats the purpose of the "public" aspect of the app, no?

Also, violates appsheet's ToS

The public side of the app suite I mentioned wasn't built in that way - it was built to spec according to appsheet's license terms for public apps. 

Basic data collection app, with no private data shown

But since I can drop someone into a form, with an ID value (which is a bunch of gibberish from UNIQUEID) prefilled for the appropriate parent record...

This allows me to make sure the data submitted by the person is connected to the right record, but we don't see any PII

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if there's any sample apps out there that show this sort of functionality; really takes two apps to make this work (private and public)

So the basic app is built, connected to one table, UNIQUEID, JobID, Image1.

Thats all it needs.

so as a public App, I'll need to send to the customer a link direct to the form along with JobID, thats the basics. The secure master App reads the JobID via filter.

So where / how do I send this to the customer? So he only see's the image upload form for his particular record (JobID).

Cheers

@DaveWillett wrote:

So where / how do I send this to the customer? So he only see's the image upload form for his particular record (JobID).

The text message is sent from the master app, but the link needs to be to the public app

• You'll need to create an automation to send a text message
  • Inside that text message, that's where you include the link you need the user to use

HYPERLINK(
  CONCATENATE(
    "YOUR_APP_URL_HERE",
    "&table=", 
    ENCODEURL("TABLE_NAME_HERE"),
    "&page=detail&row=",
    ENCODEURL([ID_COLUMN_HERE])
  ),
  โ€œCLICK HEREโ€
)

I've encapsulated the specifics of the answer in a program at: https://www.appsheetinsider.com/challenge-page/clickable-links 

Top Labels in this Space