Issue when adding a new event from an expense request in AppSheet

Hello guys!

I am developing an application in AppSheet to manage expense requests in my organization. In the request registration form, I have a field to select the "ACTIVITY or MACRO ACTIVITY" to which the request is linked, and another field to select the specific "EVENT" for which the resources are required.

The selection field for "EVENT" references a table called "SOL_EVENTOS" that contains all the events previously registered for each activity or macro activity. The application works correctly when I select an existing event from the drop-down list.

However, when I want to add a new event that has not been registered yet, I click on the "NEW" option in the drop-down list, which opens the form to register a new event. The problem is that in this form, the "ACTIVITY or MACRO ACTIVITY" field is not automatically populated, but it asks me to select it again from an extensive list.

My goal is that when I click "NEW" to add an event, the "ACTIVITY or MACRO ACTIVITY" field is automatically, (but it is not working as you can see bellow) populated with the value that I have already selected in the expense request form.

Danny_Reyes_0-1691270069902.png

I appreciate any guidance or suggestion to solve this issue and make the "ACTIVITY or MACRO ACTIVITY" field auto-populate when adding a new event from the expense request.

Thank you very much for your help.

Solved Solved
0 6 122
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks.

In la tabla SOL_Eventos, put the Initial value of the column "Código actividad" as:

ANY([Related SOL_gastosMenores][Código actividad])

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Put its Initial value as: ANY([Related Solicitudes][códigoActividad])

Could you elaborate more on this please?

Please show the columns of your tables from the editor.

This is table SOL_gastosMenores

Danny_Reyes_0-1691277286642.png

Danny_Reyes_2-1691277489373.png

This is table SOL_Eventos when I am trying to register a new one from Sol_gastosMenores form view, specifically clicking on "New" option from ID Evento field.

Danny_Reyes_1-1691277445273.png

Thanks.

In la tabla SOL_Eventos, put the Initial value of the column "Código actividad" as:

ANY([Related SOL_gastosMenores][Código actividad])

Thanks very much @Joseph_Seddik it is working!

Top Labels in this Space