Link to Form & Edit Row

I have an action (Track Materials) that tracks material of a [Job Name] from โ€˜Trackingโ€™ form. The behavior is set to go to another view (form) w/in this app.
LINKTOFORM(โ€œMaterial Trackโ€,โ€œJob Nameโ€,[Job Name])
This allows me to track materials to the โ€˜Material Trackโ€™ form for the same job name (row) in the โ€˜Trackingโ€™ form.

1. Iโ€™d like to be able to see this event action while Iโ€™m tracking my labor and equipment in the tracking form, but only after a make the initial entry can I see this event action.
  2. Iโ€™d like to be able to EDIT this material track event. Each time I click the โ€˜track materialโ€™ event, it takes me to a new row in the Material Track form.

Thanks!

0 3 2,346
3 REPLIES 3

Not 100% sure what you mean, but are you looking for an action button on your form view?

Yes, a button that links what job name the user selects to a materials form w/the ability to edit that row in the material form.

As of now, I have to complete the tracking form, then open a diff view of that form to see the edit materials action button. This works great except I canโ€™t edit this action once I save it. I can only add a new row.

And if I edit the job name thru the tracking form, the material form job name is static and does not change.

Youโ€™ll want to use LINKTOROW() rather than LINKTOFORM(). To use LINKTOROW(), youโ€™ll need the key column value of the row you want displayed in the form. Is [Job Name] that key value?

Top Labels in this Space