Loading images - Hi I have an app that is pic...

Loading images - Hi I have an app that is picture heavy and my issue is that when my users open the app after not using it for a week for example or they clear their app data in android it will say “loading images 50/650…” now my issue is not that it is loading images but the amount of data that is being used. Is there a way to not load the image immediately and make it so that when you open an entry that is the only time the image will load and all the other entries that you have with images their images will not load? I have users complaining that appsheet is using 300-400mb of data on the get go. I am thingking of just adding a security filter that will load the last 2 months of new data only instead of loading everything since the beginng of the app.

I am looking at store content for offline use in the setting but I am not sure if that is the answer to my problem.

0 4 1,043
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Joseph, you probably have the “Offline Image Launch” option enabled. That is causing all the images to be cached when the app starts. Disable that and it will work the normal way.

@praveen Thanks for the reply and my next question iswhat is the normal way? Last question where do i change this? I am looking at the offline/sync tab but cannot find this specific option.

Normally, images are loaded on demand. However, in the offlinesync tab, you may have enabled the option to allow content to be shown in offline mode (“Store content for offline use”). This should be disabled.

@praveen

Great this is what I needed to know. Thanks for your prompt response. It is great that we get this kind of service from appsheet.

Top Labels in this Space