MINROW is OK but crashes app when saved

Hi

I am trying to make a slice show the row with the lowest number in the priority-coloumn, and with โ€œventerโ€ (waiting) in the status-column. The expression assistant accepts it, but when I save it crashes the appโ€ฆ

3X_8_5_8576206b0ad2330775aee124ed70683940b960b0.png

I have tried to use the third examble on https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357311-minrow

Should I use another expression or is there something wrong i the validation in appsheet?

Thanks,
Glenn

Solved Solved
0 4 222
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears you updated the expression but havenโ€™t yet saved. The error displayed reflects the original expression youโ€™d tried, and wonโ€™t disappear until you Save the new configuration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MINROW() expression returns the key column value and therefore a ref, so the return value type is TEXT, not a boolean (TRUE/FALSE). For a row filter condition, your expression shall evaluate to TRUE/FALSE.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In a sliceโ€™s row filter, the row filter expression is evaluated once for each row of the table. The expression you want to construct needs to answer the question, โ€œis this row the row that contains the minimum column value?โ€ Your MINROW() expression identifies โ€œthe row that contains the minimum column valueโ€, so you need to compare that with โ€œthis rowโ€:

([_THISROW] = MINROW("Opgaver", "Prioritering", ([Status] = "venter")))

Thank you. The expression does do the trick and the app dont crash any more. But I do get this warning:

3X_e_2_e2a8c6360459a8be9865ebec35c3d703bee9eb34.png

It appears you updated the expression but havenโ€™t yet saved. The error displayed reflects the original expression youโ€™d tried, and wonโ€™t disappear until you Save the new configuration.

Top Labels in this Space