Mismatch between UID and barcode generated based on UID?

First of all, I know this isn’t strictly an Appsheet question as I use an external service as well, but I was hoping someone could maybe identify the issue anyways.

The problem is, that I have a table of “units” in my app. These units have an ID which is a concatenation of their order number and 4 randomly generated numbers. I then also have a barcode for each unit which is an Image column using the following URL:

CONCATENATE(
https://barcode.tec-it.com/barcode.ashx?data=”,
[UID],
“&code=&multiplebarcodes=false&translate-esc=false&unit=Fit&dpi=72&imagetype=Png&rotation=0&color=%23000000&bgcolor=%23ffffff&codepage=&qunit=Mm&quiet=0”
)

In other words, the barcode is simply just the ID of the unit. The weird thing is, sometimes these two, the ID of the unit and the ID on the barcode, doesn’t match, and I really don’t understand why. Both columns are “Initial value” formulas, and whenever I test it myself, the barcode always matches the ID of the unit, however, other users of the app have been running into this issue.
For instance, the ID of the unit may be: “MyP7413280” but the ID on the barcode is “MyP4717685”.

My guess is that the barcode is generated with an ID, and then somehow, the ID is changed after without the barcode updating correctly, but, I don’t see how this is possible.

Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated.

Best regards

Solved Solved
0 22 488
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Note that the barcode is regenerated every time the app syncs, so if the stored value is changing, the generated barcode should also be changing.

There’s really no way to troubleshoot this without the ability to reproduce the problem. I think you should also consider the possibility that the generated barcode is changing, rather than that the stored ID value is. As the stored ID value is also the row’s key column value, AppSheet will not allow the value to change. Also consider the possibility someone (or possibly another app?) is modifying the spreadsheet in which the ID values are stored.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Top Labels in this Space