Modifying data of a table from another table

I´m reading this article: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1363923-changing-data-from-a-workflow-rule-or-scheduled-report
And maybe I´m misunderstanding something or maybe there´s an error in the example.

1. Create an action. Set Action name to “Update Employee Status”. Set For a record of this table to the Employees table. Set Do this to “Data: set the values of some column in this row”. Configure the column and value to set the employee’s status to “Assigned”.

2. Create an action. Set Action name to “Get Employees to Update”. Set For a record of this table to the Employees table. Set Do this to “Data: execute an action on a set of rows”. Set Referenced table to the Employees table. Set Referenced Action to “Update Employee Status”. Set Referenced Rows to an expression that returns a list of row keys from the Employees table. The row keys will be used by AppSheet to identify the employees to be updated. For example, to select the employee that has been assigned to the current project, use the expression:

SELECT(Employees[Employee ID], [Employee ID] = [_THISROW].[Employee ID])

1. Create a workflow rule. Set Rule name to “On Adding New Project”. Set Target data to the Projects table. Set Update event to “ADDS_ONLY”. Set Reaction to “Change Data”. Set Workflow Action Name to “Get Employees to Update”. Set Data Change Action Name to “Update Employee Status”.

The last sentence is the problem: "Set Data Change Action Name to “Update Employee Status”. The dropdown only shows options from the same table. The generated actions referencing to Employees table do not appear as an option, so I cannot select the action.

Is this an error in the article or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Solved Solved
1 13 10.8K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is My Action set-up:

And this is the Workflow:

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Top Labels in this Space