Move a record to other table

I wondered if it was at all possible to have a tick box or button at every record that when activated it would move that record to another table ie an archive table say.  Thank you for a y pointers.

Solved Solved
0 19 499
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes.  What I would do is show an Inline Action on each row.  When tapped, the action activates an Action group.  The first action copies the data from A to B.  The second action will delete the row you just copied from.  

I'm sure you will have questions.  Let us know which parts you need more help with.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Yes.  What I would do is show an Inline Action on each row.  When tapped, the action activates an Action group.  The first action copies the data from A to B.  The second action will delete the row you just copied from.  

I'm sure you will have questions.  Let us know which parts you need more help with.

Thank you will experiment and get back🙂

Hi

I have setup 2 sheets 1 with a few records and another the exact copy.  I have put some records in the first one.  I have added an action but this bit seems to be a problem. 

Set these columns
To the constant or expression values defined

Add
When i press the action button i get a jumble of text in the id column of the archive table.
Thanks for any pointers.

Can you show what you have implemented so far?

How do i show screen capture?

You would use the screen or window capture function on your device and then insert the image into your post.

Here are a few images I am just trying with small sheets to see if i can get it working.

1.png2.png3png.png4png.png

Looks like you are assigning a value to ArchID which you do not have in your ArchiveTable.

Choose InitID instead.

Also the expressions "text val..." give you literally "text val..." text. You should use column expressions such as [ArchID],[Fname],[Sname].

Ah got it working thanks to everyone.  Now the last bit is deleting it from the first table after moving it. Not quite sure how to setup the second action.  Is it a condition.?  Thanks.

You should be able to use the system generated Delete action.

create another action of Grouped: execute a sequence of actions and run the copy and delete actions.

Hi I have setup Grouped copy and delete this row.  Copies but doesnt delete.  Added System generated delete but only copies but doesnt delete. 😫  So close..

You'll need to show us what you are doing for Delete.

Delete is the easiest and simplest action available.  It is very hard to get it wrong.

Make sure your table is set up to allow delete....

Yes!  Very good thinking!

Both tables have delete insert updates ticked.  Here are the 3 actions,

Thanks again.

1.png2.png3.png

Ok, so you have confirmed Delete is enabled for the table. 

Next check the Behavior of your "Delete Record" action.  Make sure it is set to blank, true or some expression that is evaluating to true.

The action is not shown in your Deck view, so I assume you are accessing the action on the Detail view after selecting a row ?

Hi yes the behaviour is set to true.  Not sure what you mean about deck view and details view but everything looks ok.  Only thing I was thinking.  How does the delete action know what row to delete.  Overthinking. 

4.png

Here is settings for delete

Wait a min think i have sussed it.  

I was clicking the copy icon when i should have had that hidden to and only have had the grouped icon which executed both actions.  Thanks again for all your time.  Very much appreciated.  I had a mess about with powerapps and this was virtualy impossible to do without a degree in science hence I ditched that. 😆

Top Labels in this Space