Need help with a dropdown

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Trying to create a dropdown and it keeps coming out different.
I’ve tried both lookup and select() with the wrong result.
Form fields:
Customer - ref’s a customer table
Address: is a separate table with customerID, want to show a list of those addresses that match the customerID.
Virtual: CustID that looksup the customerID
I’ve tried a lookup and select(), each time it either sends back all of the addresses or only the first one.
Main table is Customer
Address table is CustomerJobAddresses

I know age is creeping in, what am I missing?

0 9 177
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Rod,
What expression do you use? And which table, which column is the problem? Address table and Address column? Can you post a screenshot from your table structures, ref column, virtual column expression etc.? Thnx.

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Okay,
I’ve tried multiple variations of this Lookup()
LOOKUP([_THISROW].[CustID], “CustomerJobAddresses”, “CustomerID”, “Job Address”) in the Address field trying to list all addresses associated to the customer ID in CustomerJobAddresses. It sends back one

address not all
I’ve done a similar ANY(Select() but once again it shows either one address or the entire column, not associated with the id. thanks for your help!
Attached is a screen shot of my columns

I apologize if I’m not clear, what I’m trying to do is generate a list of addresses associated with one customer, in another table with their ID. So 1 Customer many addresses and addresses stored in a separate table along with their ID.
I know I’m missing something…

Hi @Rod
ANY() Will only give one result. Did you try using just SELECT . It should produce a list.

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Ha…I did, but it sends back only 1 address. Can I see yours?
Thanks lynn

@Rod
Change your column type to ENUM based on Address and use a SELECT expression with the Suggested Values property
SELECT(CustormerJobAddress[Job Address], [CustomerID] = [_THISROW].[CustID])

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

The same error I ran into, it sends back the entire column and not the addresses related to the custID…hmmm3X_9_5_950fb278cb726bbf68d20c0f83fdcdc6a090167a.png
and it’s not a “dropdown”
I’m thinking of setting up another column to ref it and build a dropdown from that…?

To which table [Customer] column references to? May be try with this:
SELECT(CustormerJobAddress[Job Address], [CustomerID] = [Customer].[CustID])

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

That one did the same thing it sends back the entire column with an EnumList setting.
This one sends back the right list of addresses, but it’s not a dropdown, it’s greyed out.
SELECT(CustomerJobAddresses[Job Address], [CustomerID] = [CustID])
The right data, not a dropdown.

Top Labels in this Space