New Bug Encountered: Clearing Dates on Iphone not working

I cannot clear dates on a form when on Iphone. There is an option for “clear” that shows up, but when I click it, nothing happens. I really need this feature to work on mobile. Is there something I need to do to make this work?

0 13 439
13 REPLIES 13

What is your phone model and iOS version? How about Appsheet app version?

IphoneX, 12.3.1
AppSheet version 1.001543 .

I mean the downloaded Appsheet app version, not your own app’s version.

version 5.000007

or on the appstore it says 12.4

New Information:

I have 2 tabs for for my forms.

Header 1 allows me to clear the date easily:
2X_1_18ed3102b1cc6a15e7a20981623fd7a73119a264.png

Header 2 (subtasks) does not allow me to on my mobile phone:

I am able to do it on the computer and on the “Preview” phone in the editor.

@Gil Thoughts about this issue?

@jandrostory81,
Yes it’s a known issue with iOS devices. It’s on our list but it might take a while until we have a fix for that.
If you can’t wait for the fix, you can add an action button to reset the time as a temporary workaround.

not a bad idea @Gil how would I go about doing that? I don’t want an action to clear the entire form, I just want to clear a subtask date

Simply make a data change action to set the value of the subtask date to an empty value.
Should probably look like: [Subtask 1 Date] = “”
However, the action won’t show in the form (in general we don’t show actions in forms).

never mind @Gil I figured it out, and it…is…AWESOME!

That worked brilliantly and I wanted that in the first place anyway. I don’t mind that it doesn’t show in the Form because It will show in the detail section.

Is there a way to connect an action to format some rows? Basically I want an action to look like this:

1. Clear the Date
  2. Cross out the Task that the date is attached to.

Having the same issue with clearing dates on iPhone 7.

Top Labels in this Space