Old legacy branch condition changed behaviour

Hello,

I have an expresion used as a branch condition for an action in an older app of mine. This branch condition worked with no issues so far, until this week at some point , when instead of False it acted like a True .

And(isnotblank([stadiu]);
[stadiu]="finalizare";
Count(select(comenzi[x4];and([x4]=[_thisrow].[id task];or([status]="nepreluat";[status]="pregatita"))))>0)

The basic logic is that if I "close" a client that still has open orders it does an action.

The action starded to apply in the last few days even when there were no open orders.

As a test , so far , I used the same expresion in a virtual column, and it returns False (N). 

I also used the count() from the expresion in another VC and it returns 0.

But the action still trigers, and in Monitor section I see it acts like True (Y).

I think it might have something to do with Legacy vs Consistent. It was in Legacy until today. I tested with consistent and it seems fine now, but without me understanding it.

In help sections , I saw that [blank]>0 returns false in all instances of legacy or consistenct....in case my count() somehow returs [blank] , so it should have worked fine with either setting.

Please help me understand this case , so I might have better chances of figuring out where in my other apps I could have issues I don't know about yet.

Thank you 

Solved Solved
0 51 2,387
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Support confirmed that my ticket was successfully solved. 

I just tested on my apps , and I confirm too that it works as it should be, both in legacy and in consistent mode. 

Thank you all

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

Support confirmed that my ticket was successfully solved. 

I just tested on my apps , and I confirm too that it works as it should be, both in legacy and in consistent mode. 

Thank you all

Do you know what was fixed?

Hi @OptimiX_XcrY @WillowMobileSys 

I was able to confirm that it is restored in my sample application.

However, there is still no guidance from AppSheet support.

This was a serious problem, but I found AppSheet support to be equally problematic.

My branch condition, that contains [_thisrow] in formula , returns propper true or false (doesn't mix them anymore) , in both Legacy and Consistent mode. 

My formula is the one that I started the thread with 

@OptimiX_XcrY wrote:

that contains [_this] in formula

To clarify, you mean [_THISROW] reserved column. Correct?

FYI, in case you, or others, were not aware, there actually IS a [_THIS] reserved column name as well.  It can be used in any expression inside the column definition and refers to the current column value.  

You are right , I've updated my previous reply, thank you.

Also, I did not know about [_this] , thank you again.

Thanks.

I did not know  about [_THIS].

FYI.  I have not received any word from support on the status of my ticket which seemed to develop into 2 separate issues (branch/_THISROW and a specific inconsistency between Legacy and Consistent.  I did have further emails w Brian on the latter, but I have not received any update on the status of the inconsistent value return that was identified between Legacy and Consistent.

I'm choosing to wait until I get confirmation from Support that these issues have been addressed before making any updates changes to my apps.

But I'm glad it seems to be going in the right direction

Hi @bcairns 

This issue has been given a status of resolved, but I have an objection on this point.

This issue prevented Automation from working properly for a period of time.
This means that the data was not being processed correctly as it was supposed to.

Therefore, data maintenance is required for a final solution.
I have been telling support since late last year to get them to disclose what the heck is going on, but have yet to receive a clear response.

I just want to know the following

* Content of the outage
* The plan and instance where the problem occurred
* Period of time

If We are just playing with a hobby app, then once the bug fixes are complete, that will be the end of it.
However, I consider AppSheet to be a business application platform.

I expect Google to be responsible until the issue is finally resolved.

@Lauren_vdv 
@Michelle 
@Roderick 
@zito 

@bcairns 
@Lauren_vdv 
@Michelle 
@Roderick_G 
@zito 
Will these information be made public after all?

@devingu 

I have complained more than 10 times in support chats about the need for these information to be made public.
And I am making the same argument here.

However, I haven't seen anything officially published about the critical failure of [_Thisrow] not being evaluated correctly in Automation for over a month.
I don't think that's the right attitude for a business application platform.
Is Google mistaking AppSheet for a toy?

In addition, I would like to add that I have received information about this issue from support. But whose job is it to pass that information on to our multiple customers? Do I need to implement this individually?

I am guessing that because this ticket has been marked resolved that it is no longer getting attention.

Between us chickens I noticed that the security settings on my apis and webhooks changed yesterday - causing them to fail.  Its only because of the fails I was aware of it.  So, I had to added '"RunUserAsEmail" : email that works' to my apis and now they work, again.  Security seems to have been tightened on this Yesterday.  I'm fine with that.  But Jeez, can you give us a heads up?!!

Hi @isdal 

I would also like to mention this thread in terms of platform issues.

In summary, the issue is that [_Thisrow] was not properly evaluated in Automation for a month.
Check this thread for details.

For me this was truly a major incident.
I relentlessly asked support for status and was able to get a brief report. I really wanted more detailed information, but I had to ask them to close that ticket because it was hopeless.

Perhaps many App Creators are unaware that such a problem has occurred.
If we don't know about it, it doesn't mean there is no problem.
It is possible that Automation is processing incorrect data without you realizing it.

I hope that they will release an incident report on this issue now.

Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space