Only allow admin users to add data in a specific table

Hello there,
Does anyone know how to only allow certain users to add data to a specific table?

I have a table call receipts and only want the user with the role Admin to create receipts for instance, but still want the user with role user to see the data.

Also, can the user with role user ask for permission to the user with role admin in order to add the receipt they just created to the table? sort of like an acceptance or decline option. If the admin user accept the data, data gets input, if not, it gets returned to the user to review the error.

Solved Solved
0 5 674
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marc, I was able to create the review process using this as a starting point.

Created a data base of employee and managers. In the employee database, needed to specify who their manager is and then:

in the edit selection of the status I put this formula.
if(
and(
[status]= under review , [assign to].[manager].[email]=useremail()), true,

false

)

Thank you for all your help. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can certainly create this functionality in an app.

Thank you Marc! I tested this and it worked! Do you know if we can set up a review process where the manager or admin user review a data before i gets input into the table? for intance when the user with user role submit a new quote, the manager gets an email or notification in order to review it and if approve and data goes through.

One possible way:

1. Let a [status] column get the value of โ€œto be reviewedโ€ when the data is input by a user.
  2. Set up Automation to send the email when the above happens.
  3. Give the manager the ability to change the [status] to โ€œreviewedโ€.

This is a good idea Marc. I would also need to have an option for sent back to employee if there is an error so they can review it and re-submit for revision before sending it to customer.

I would try to write this formulas and conditions and let you know if I come up with a solution for this feature and share it with you all.

Marc, I was able to create the review process using this as a starting point.

Created a data base of employee and managers. In the employee database, needed to specify who their manager is and then:

in the edit selection of the status I put this formula.
if(
and(
[status]= under review , [assign to].[manager].[email]=useremail()), true,

false

)

Thank you for all your help. Cheers!

Top Labels in this Space